Filmed in the 1970s, The Deadly Tower of Monsters is an action-packed adventure, full of time-honored literary themes: the daughter versus the tyrant father, the planet full of innocent ape-creatures, the dashing space-age liberator, the robot companion, the tower full of treacherous mutations... A timeless classic for all ages!
Despite the film's low budget, director Dan Smith was able to craft an engrossing story about strange alien beings and titan-size monsters (sometimes filming without a script!). It is a thrill ride overflowing with elaborate weaponry, eye-catching special effects, lots of technological noises, and of course: plenty of explosions! For the first time in decades, this tour de force is coming to DVD, so a new generation can experience this sci-fi cult classic.
- Laugh-a-minute director commentary! – Director Dan Smith lends his decades of industry know-how to deliver side-splitting anecdotes and insights on the film's production. You won't want to miss a single syllable from the genius mind behind this masterpiece!
- Got vertigo? Too bad! – Experience the awesome verticality of the tower at every step of the journey, with wide-angle camera shots and impressive aerial stunts. Watch as our heroes fearlessly dive off the tower or glide effortlessly across chasms, all in search of hidden secrets and intergalactic glory!
- Over half-a-hundred imaginative monsters! – Squid people, nukular ants, dinosaurs-gone-wild, giant blobs, robo-monkeys, and more are brought to life using state-of-the-art effects, including stop-motion, rotoscope, image compositing, and even some elaborate costumes covered in real fur! You and the family are guaranteed a good ol' time!
- Ray guns, crystal swords, and laser whips. Oh, my! – At the heroes' disposal are a wide variety of weapons used to smack!, pow!, and ker-splat! their futuristic foes. Watch as our plucky protagonists collect hidden scrap metal pieces and upgrade their arsenal, right before your very eyes!
- Did someone say, "Special powers"!? – I sure hope so, because this film's got 'em! From time-slowing vortexes to speed boots... Wait, what's that on the ground? Is that a bird? No, it's a land mine! These aliens are in for a bang, and so are you!